Thursday, October 21, 2010

Forgiveness






So me and Jenna made this video over the summer on project. I'm really liking the idea about forgiveness, I don't know about you though. 

Just some ways I've experienced God's forgiveness:
  • His pursuit for me when I kept pushing him away
  • His pursuit when I totally ignored Him
  • Him transforming me from who I was (Ezekiel 36:26)
  • His steadfast love every day when I decide to put something above Him
How I've been able to forgive others by experiencing His love:
  • lost bitterness towards people who have hurt me
  • allowed Jesus to work through me. meaning He is ultimately doing the forgiving.
  • allowed me to cancel a debt. I don't expect anyone to do something for me to repay me for what they have done.


Forgiveness is hard. I don't think it's something that happens over night. It's an action and it's a process. You put forgiveness into action when you say that you forgive someone. You make forgiveness a process when you continue to forgive someone each time you remember the hurt done against you. 

A lot of people may hope for a different past. Hoping for this doesn't get you anywhere. I've been there. Once you stop punishing the ones who have hurt you, you will begin the process of forgiveness. That's where the healing will begin.





God forgave me. Why wouldn't I forgive others?
       Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ has forgave you. (Ephesians 4:32)


Today I'm thankful for:
- my mom
- fall leaves
- God's steadfast love

No comments:

Post a Comment